Rules and Policies
Even though, Kogaracon is a free event, this year we are required by the college to record attendance numbers for the event. To be in accordance, we will be issuing wristbands to attendees. In order to participate in festivities, please make sure you receive a wristband from a staff member.
Kogaracon staff acknowledges that getting autographs from our guests is a major highlight at a convention for attendees. In order to give the greatest number of fans the opportunity for a meet and greet, we must keep the lines running smoothly. Please following Kogaracon’s official rules for Autograph session times, which are below:
- Lines will start no earlier than 10 minutes before the autograph session.
- Free autographs are limited to 1 item per person. At the guests’ discretion, guests may sign additional items for a fee. (Please refer to Autograph Sessions for additional information).
- Guests may also offer merchandise for autographing that you may purchase during the session.
- Guests will not sign any bootleg or illegal items. Please bring licensed items only. Both the guests and Kogaracon Staff reserve the right to deny autographing for a specific item.
- Please have whatever item you want autographed ready to be signed by the time you reach the front of the line. (e.g. Remove CD sleeves/DVD cover from their cases before you get to the guest.)
- Out of courtesy to those in line behind you, please try not to take up a lot of the guests’ time when you reach the front of the line.
- Kogaracon does not guarantee all attendees will receive an autograph, so it is important to let the line proceed as quickly as possible.
*Remember that all attendees seeking an autograph must wait in line, and skipping the line or holding a spot for another person is not allowed, and will result in removal from the session.*
- Every Attendee must have their private areas covered at all times.
- Cloth must extend at least one inch above the nipple and below/to the sides of the breast, and at least one inch above the pubic area and below the crotch/buttocks.
- This coverage must remain in place while moving/bending/posing/etc., so if your cosplay or outfit rides up/down, please extend it, find a way to secure it, or wear something under it.
- Shirt coverings must be worn at all times, by both sexes.
- Mesh shirts are allowed if they provide the require coverage of sensitive areas.
- Tape over the nipples will not suffice.
- Capes will not be accepted in place of shirts – if you’re wearing one, please wear a shirt underneath.
If you are uncertain if your outfit if appropriate, please do not hesitate to ask a staff member!
We wanted to share our weapon’s policy with you all so you know how to prepare yourself! We will be using a similar policy that Castle Point Anime Convention has used in previous years, so if you’ve attended that convention before you know what to expect at Kogaracon!
Please keep reading so you know what you can and cannot bring this weekend to our event!
Disallowed Props and Weapons
The following props and weapons are not allowed on the Middlesex Community College campus at any time:
- Projectile Weapons (or imitations thereof), including, but not limited, to firearms, airsoft guns, water guns/pistols, air rifles and BB and pellet guns, regardless of whether it is functional or not
- Realistic imitations of anything listed above
- Crossbows, dart guns, stun guns, blowguns, and tasers
- Live steel, including, but not limited, to sharpened and dull swords, knives and other cutting implements
- Throwing stars and shuriken, metal armor, including chainmail
- Anything made of metal that can take an edge, regardless of if it is sheathed or dull
- Real bows and arrows, or parts of real bows (including both tipped or non-tipped arrows)
- Incendiary Devices and Chemicals such as smoke bombs, smoke powder, flash bombs, sparklers, and other fireworks
- Flails and Throwing Weapons, including, but not limited to, nunchaku, sansetsukon, and hard paddles
Illegal devices not permitted on the campus of Middlesex County College, in the city of Edison, or in the state of New Jersey
Any item deemed a threat or unsafe at the discretion of Kogaracon staff members! We will be making the final call for the safety of our guests.
The following props/weapons are generally allowed, but will be subject to Kogaracon staff members’ discretion:
- Prop bows, provided they are strung loose (not taught or tight) with twine, yarn, or another non-functioning material
- Decorative props with no moving parts, less than seven (7) feet in height, and under fifty (50) pounds deemed not hazardous or obtrusive to other convention attendees.
There will be a zero tolerance policy for anyone who harasses, stalks, or assaults another Kogaracon attendee.
Cosplay is NOT Consent, and anyone who harasses another person at our event this year will be immediately ejected from the convention by our con security. If you feel unsafe at Kogaracon this year, please let a nearby staff member know immediately. We want everyone to feel comfortable at our event this year, so we will not tolerate anyone harassing another person at our convention.
If you are told by another attendee to “stop following them” or “no, stop talking to me” do not persist in following them or engaging in conversation with them.
Please treat your other con-goers with respect so that we can all have a fun event this year.